Taking care of your contact lenses will protect your eyes from infections or irritation. Your eyes will be more comfortable and your long-term eyesight will be protected if you clean your contact lenses and keep them in the solution overnight. The use of eye drops can also ensure comfort by easing dry and worn-out eyes.
Once you develop a habit, caring for your two-weekly and monthly contacts are simple. It
shouldn’t take long to develop the practice of washing, rinsing, and then storing your contact
lenses. However, extended-wear contact lenses or daily disposables might be a preferable choice
for you if you lead a busy life and find this to be too difficult. Please be aware that before
wearing your contact lenses for prolonged times, you must get eye doctor’s approval.
How should your contact lenses be cleaned and stored?
Always clean and keep your contact lenses in a new solution. To ensure that you clean and store
your lenses in the safest way possible, follow the steps listed below:
- To stop fibers from getting into your eyes, wash your hands thoroughly and wipe them with alint-free towel.
- Each lens should be taken one at a time and placed individually in the palm of your hand. Putyour suggested cleansing solution on the lens. Wipe the lens lightly with the tip of your finger to remove any deposits or debris that have accumulated throughout the day.
- Saline solution (or multipurpose solution) should be used to rinse the lens and be careful toremove any remaining debris.
- The disinfectant solution should be placed inside a clean contact lens container. Put your lensinside the container and let it remain there to disinfect for however long the product packaging suggests. To eliminate germs from the eye and destroy them, the disinfecting procedure is essential.
- Carry out steps 1-4 again with the other contact lens.
How long can lenses be kept in a storage container?
For up to 30 days, contact lenses can be kept in a closed container. They must be cleaned and disinfected with a solution if kept for a long amount of time before being used again.
What kinds of solutions are there?
There are numerous contact lens solutions available on the market. Each has unique ingredients to suit various lens types. You must pick a lens solution that works with the contacts you wear. At Insight Eye, we provide a wide range of lens solutions appropriate for both rigid gaspermeable lenses and soft contacts.
Useful tips for contact lens care
- Make sure your hands are clean and dry before putting on and taking off your contact lenses.When cleaning your hands, we advise against using moisturizing soaps as they can leave a residue on the lenses and are bad for them.
- Never wash the lenses with water. We strongly advise against doing this whether the water istap water or distilled water in a container. Use only cleansing solutions.
- Never fill up an outdated solution. A fresh solution is needed for every stage of the cleansingprocedure.
- After each use, clean your contact lens container with the solution and let it air dry.
Want some additional guidance on how to take care of your contact lenses? Then give us a call
at Insight Eye right away, and we’ll be happy to assist you.